If you had an account on forum.suprbay.org with at least one post, you do not need to re-register. Your account is still active and your Suprbay username and password will work.

Books for Blender
I have not yet ventured into rendering but from what little I understand, it is based more on vector than bitmapped graphics.

Typical jpg, png are bitmapped (as opposed to vector). So a normal photo, which is 'shaded' anyway would probably not be very useful.
Which is why I suggested going to the 'samples' directory. It should provide the base files from where you can see the file types required.

https://docs.blender.org/manual/en/lates...rmats.html

This *might* just be for output.
I'm pretty sure the only pre-made images you need for rendering are textures. You build your models like 3d vector stick/blockmen in the program, then you clothe their various parts with 2d textures, set up lighting and camera etc
Another thought, FWIW:
Check out DAZ3D. Its been around longer than Blender, and there is an entire ecosystem, as well as a forum here dedicated to it.

Blender strikes me a a latest 'pop' thing, whose main intent is to draw you into renting their cloud, where you can probably render from a cell phone. It doesnt fire up on my machine, but perhaps someday I will look at it on the main machine, as the lil lady might be getting into 3D someday.
I do have a qualified video card that should work with it.
Its still sitting in its box.
OK, what kind of mathematical knowledge do I need to keep hand to do rendering with any rendering tool?

The reason for my last few questions is due to the fact that I saw the DVD extras of Game of Thrones. The extras contain renderings of the dragons and how that they already had pre-built specimens of a dragon's head. Then they just used that for rendering with a computer tool.

It's been the last time I drew anything on paper, and I have really have no plans to render any project but I do want to use and learn Blender. Blender installs correctly, but I don't have any rendering background. I wish I made more specific plans in electing courses back in high school. For shame.